Weed, that is marijuana, can be grown in many ways. Some growers prefer to grow it outside – which is the ‘natural’ and the ‘old-school’ way of doing it. However nowadays a majority of ‘growers’ prefer to grow their weed indoors. Both these techniques have further subdivisions – depending on if you’re growing it in a grow room, a grow tent or a greenhouse, etc. There are also differences in soil-based and hydroponic methods of growing marijuana. However, when you look at the larger picture, growing marijuana indoors using grow tents is perhaps the most popular of them all. Over the course of this article, we shall be taking a detailed look at the 5 best marijuana growing starter kits that growers must consider buying if they plan to grow their weed indoors and in grow tents.
In this article, we shall be looking at some of the best combo packs that you can get – which include everything that you need to grow weed indoors. These are marijuana growing starter kits and they are great because here, growers get all the elements together as a bundle and they don’t really have to buy them individually. Here’s a look at five of the best options that you have in the markets right now!
5 Best Marijuana Growing Starter Kits (2020): Reviews
- LED 300W Grow light: 100PCS x 3W LEDs, 2 cooling fans.Featuring a user friendly "Full Spectrum" design, you can easily grow your plants in any growth cycle...
- Grow tent: 96% highly reflective waterproof diamond Mylar, heavy duty 600D lightproof oxford cloth, diameter16MM white paint coated metal rods and 16MM plastic...
TopoGrow’s LED grow tent complete kit offers the growers with a number of essential items that they need in order to start off with the process of growing marijuana on their own, indoors. This kit comes with a grow tent, a grow light, and a fan and filter (ventilation kit). Together, these are some of the best quality items that you could get when looking for the best marijuana growing starter kits.
The grow tent that you get here is 32” x 32” x 63” in size, which is great for growers who don’t plan to grow on a large scale but need something that is bigger than 2 by 2. The inner layer of this grow tent is lined with 96% highly reflective waterproof diamond Mylar. The cloth of the tent’s canvas is made using Oxford 600D cloth which is quite durable and strong. The grow light that you get here is a 300-watt light, which offers full-spectrum lighting which is great for plants. A full-spectrum light ensures that the light is suitable for all the phases of the plant’s life cycle and you don’t have to change it with the changing phases. It also replicates the natural sunlight really well.
Next, we look at the third element in this setup, which is what truly makes it one of the best marijuana growing starter kits: the fan that it comes with offers an air flow of 190 CFM. There’s also a four-inch carbon filter that makes sure that all the odor is trapped inside it. When you put all these things together, you are getting a great combination for the price you’re paying! Moreover, you’re getting everything at the same place.
- All You Need Indoor Grow Kit - Everything Necessary to Grow from Scratch!
- 24"x24"x60" Indoor Grow Tent, Mylar Hydroponic Non-Toxic Hut
This is quite the purchase for someone who wants just about everything that they can get from the best marijuana grower starter kits! Apart from the usual items that you get in any starter kit such as a tent, light and fan, you are also getting a soil and potting mix here – which is important for any grower! Let us first look at the soil that you get when you buy this kit: it is a bag of 5lb ‘hot soil’ from Fox Farm and it comes along with BushDoctor’s Coco Loco Potting Mix which is also great for your plant.
The grow tent that you get here is a basic 2ft by 2ft tent, with a height of 5ft. The tents are quite durable and sturdy as they come with metal connectors to hold the poles together rather than to use plastic! There’s an observation window on the front so that growers can take a quick peek at the progress of their plants without having to unzip the whole setup. The grow light that you get here is an HPS bulb – a 150-watt grow light which offers about 17,500 lumens of lighting to the plants. While an LED grow light would certainly have been better, this is quite good a solution too! A 4-inch fan has also been included in the package, which comes with 5 speed controls for setting just the perfect levels of ventilation inside your grow tent. It is attention to detail in features like these that make it one of the best options in the markets today.
For those who want a complete experience when it comes to growing marijuana and want to start off with everything in place, this is indeed something you should seriously consider.
- LED 300W Grow Light + 4" Filter Combo + 36"x20"x63" Grow Tent Kit w/ DISCREET SHIPPING
- Best Heat Dissipation for the Best Stability and Longest Lifetime
TopoLite is a popular name in the markets when it comes to products related to growing plants indoors, and especially among the community of growers who grow marijuana. This is one of the best marijuana growing starter kits available in the markets and is manufactured by TopoLite. There are over 20 size combinations that you can buy off Amazon when it comes to this product and all of them feature a grow tent (of varying sizes), a grow light (of varying wattages) and a fan and filtration kit (of varying sizes). This one, in particular, however offers the following:
- A 36” x 20” x 63” grow tent
- A 300 Watt LED light
- A 4 inch carbon filter and inline duct fan along with silver flex ducting
The grow tent that you get here is quite a high-quality product which can last you for a really long time. It is made out of 600D lightproof oxford cloth which has a 16mm diameter, making it thick enough for no light to escape via it. Moreover, the poles that the grow tent comes with are also painted white so that they do not absorb any lights. The zippers that the tent uses are also heavy-duty to make sure they don’t break off easily and no light leaks through them. The grow light here is of 300W and offers a good enough growth to plants inside this grow tent (which isn’t really very large). The grow lights are full-spectrum and ensure that the plants are getting practically every kind of light that they require. The fan, carbon filter and the ducting combo are also high quality products and work quite well in order to provide the plants with a good growing experience.
- 1200W COB LED Panel Grow Light: LED output Power: 1200W , Actual Power Consumption: 360W , 6PCS*200W high intensityCOB(64*3W chip on board), Working...
- Grow tent: 96% highly reflective waterproof diamond Mylar, heavy duty 600D lightproof oxford cloth, diameter 16MM white paint coated metal rods and 16MM plastic...
Now, this is something that growers who have a slightly larger need in terms of the growing area would appreciate. The Oppolite indoor grow tent kit is one of the best marijuana growing starter kits for large scale growers as it comes with a 96″X48″X80″ grow tent that has a lot of area for plants to grow in. The grow tent is made of Oxford 600D cloth which is quite a strong material which ensures that light does not leak out of it. The inner layer is marked with 96% reflective Mylar which is also a waterproof layer. The metal rods in the tent are painted white to ensure no light is absorbed by them.
The most interesting part here is the presence of two large COB LED grow lights which offer the growers with plenty of light for their plants. It consumes only about 360W of power per light while giving an output of about 1200W. Each panel has six large lights which have an output of 200W each. Moreover, the fan, filter and ducting here are also large – twice the size of what we have here in most other kits (8”). The carbon filter here does a pretty good job in containing all the smell that your plants will emit over the course of time as they grow up.
- Includes 2'x4' Gorilla Grow Tent: The Tallest, Thickest, & Strongest grow tents created. Gorilla tents create the ideal growing environment for your indoor...
- Includes Kind LED L600 Grow Light: The World's #1 Selling LED Grow Light! This 320w LED Grow Light is the equivalent of a 600w HPS, but consumes approximately...
Last but not the least, this package from Supercloset comes with basically all the essentials that you need to start off with your indoor marijuana growing operations immediately! It even provides pots and nutrients which no other growing starter kit provides! There’s a 2 by 4 grow tent that comes with this package, which is great for small-scale growers. The tent is by Gorilla and is a high quality product. There’s a 600W LED grow light that also comes with this package, which actually draws only about 320W from the power socket – giving you a great output.
Interestingly, the package comes with six 5-gallon smart pots for growing marijuana which have plastic saucers in them. They are ‘smart’ pots because you can fold them down when not in use. Lotus Premium Hydroponic Nutrients are also included in this setup as they help the growers ensure that their plants are getting all the nutrients needed for a good growth. This is a 100% water-soluble nutrient option for your plants. In addition to all this, there’s also a 4” inline fan and ventilation setup that comes with RecRoom Pro’s indoor grow tent kit, making it one of the best marijuana growing starter kits in the markets today.
Pros and Cons of a Marijuana Growing Starter Kit
- You get everything at one place and do not need to place separate orders and acquire different parts of the setup from different places.
- Since everything comes from a single source, it is easier to ensure that all the parts are compatible with each other.
- Buying marijuana a growing starter kit is cheaper than buying all the parts separately.
- Some growers prefer buying speciality products and assembling their grow tent by getting the best options possible for all the elements. In case of getting a marijuana growing starter kit, sometimes you end up making a compromise on one element if others are all good.
Recommended: Best Marijuana Grow Boxes and Cabinets of 2020
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About the Best Marijuana Growing Starter Kits
1. What Should The Ideal Marijuana Growing Starter Kit Comprise Of?
An ideal marijuana growing starter kit should comprise of at least the following elements:
- Grow Tent: This is the most basic unit of them all. This is the main chamber in which all of the other elements are placed and inside which the marijuana grows! Grow tents come in different shapes and sizes and you must ensure that you are getting the right-sized grow tent as a part of your marijuana growing starter kit. Getting one which is too small or too big might be a problem!
- Grow Lights: Grow lights are critical for growing marijuana as they basically simulate the natural light of the sun inside the grow tent. Grow lights help the plants get energy as they help promote the process of photosynthesis via which plants convert light into energy. Furthermore, they are also useful for the production of various compounds and pigments in the plant’s body. Plants also tend to grow towards the direction of the light.
- Fan and Ventilation System: A proper ventilation is needed for multiple reasons – first off, it keeps the environment fresh and ensures that the plants are not growing in stale air. Next, they help dissipate the heat which might accumulate when growing in small spaces such as a grow tent. Lastly, having a good breeze/air circulation setup is good for the growth and strengthening of the stem and the branches.
- Carbon Filter: A carbon filter is important because mairjuana plants tend to smell a lot! Not only do they smell a lot, but they have a very strong and distinct smell, thanks to the terpenes present in these plants. A carbon filter basically ensures that all the odor from these plants gets trapped in it and you remain safe from all the social stigma that comes with growing weed.
- Soil and Nutrients: While there exist other ways to grow plants, most growers still prefer to do it using soil as a medium – and nutrients are important as they need to be added to these plants to ensure that they are growing just in the right manner. While soil and nutrients are not a part of every marijuana growing starter kit, some of the best ones actually provide you with them.
- Hooks and Other Hanging Elements: These are just accessories that are needed to ensure everything stays together and hangs in place and that the setup does not collapse. These are hooks, bars, straps, and other elements that are required for holding a tent together. Timers are another such element which can add a lot of value to your overall growing experience.
2. Which is the best marijuana growing starter kit?
Now this totally depends upon you. You know which are the options you have when it comes to buying the best marijuana growing starter kit, and you also know which are some of the elements that will be included in them. Based on this information, we expect that you would make a well-informed decision as to which will be the ideal setup for you.
3. Apart from the elements mentioned above, is there something else that you would need to buy to grow marijuana?
Yes, these are just the basics. As we have mentioned above, this is a ‘starter’ kit and not the complete thing. This will get you going, but in order to get the best possible results, you will need to add extra elements such as a dehumidifier or a humidifier, air conditioners and heaters, etc. depending on your weather conditions as well as additional lights to suit your needs better.
4. Is it legal to buy marijuana-growing starter kits?
Yes, it is totally legal to buy marijuana-growing starter kits – however, growing marijuana in itself might be illegal depending on where you are living subject to your local laws. Always make sure you’re sure you are living in an area where growing weed is not punishable by law before ordering your marijuana growing starter kits.
We hope that this article has helped you gain a good insight into everything that you need to know in order to buy the best marijuana growing starter kits. These are a combo pack of essential products, all of which have to work in tandem in order to ensure that the weed that you are going to grow is going to be of high quality. These are ‘starter’ kits and provide the most basic of equipment needed for good growth, post-this, there are a number of add-on items that you need to get a good yield but this will get you started off pretty well! Do let us know in the comments or drop us a mail if you feel we have missed out on something or if there’s something else that you would like to know.
Happy Growing! 🙂