When it comes to growing marijuana, there are multiple ways in which growers prefer doing that. However, all of them can be classified under two broad headings: growing weed indoors and growing weed outdoors. When you grow your weed indoors, you need grow tents for that – and grow tents need to be used with some equipment such as grow lights and grow tent fans. In this article, we will be talking about the best grow tent fans in 2020 that you can buy off the internet right now and start using in your grow tent!
Over the course of this article, you will learn what grow tents are and why are they important, as well as the importance of grow tent fans. Then we proceed to the best grow tent fans in 2020 where we take a closer look at the features of each of these inline duct fans that you can attach to your grow tent. In addition to their features, we also discuss the pros and cons of each of these fans. Finally, before the conclusion, we take one look at which are some factors that you need to keep in mind before you head out to buy grow tent fans in 2020.
Let us begin!
What are Grow Tents? Why are they Important in Growing Marijuana?
Growing your weed indoors is something that is getting quite popular of late. Over the years, growers have preferred to grow their weed indoors because not only does it give them more control over their plants (as they can control the light, heat, air and water, which are otherwise agents of nature), but it also gives them privacy since growing weed is still considered quite a taboo.
Some growers, who prefer growing large amounts of weed, convert an entire room into a ‘grow room’ but those who prefer growing smaller quantities tend to do it in a grow tent, which is a special area designed to grow your plants. Imagine it like a small cabinet, fully lined with reflective material on the inside but with a thick dark cloth on the outside which ensures that the grow light that you use there is reflected inside and all the light is focused upon the plants and no lights leak out. The grow tents also have ducts for air where you can attach inline duct fans, also known as grow tent fans. In this article, we will be taking a closer look at the grow tent fans.
The importance of Grow Tent Fans
Plants require air and ventilation to grow. Hence, the primary purpose of a grow tent fan is to ensure that the plants growing inside the grow tent are getting fresh air. Secondarily, plants also require heat, but not too much of it. Since grow tents are closed spaces lined with reflective material, one needs to ensure that the heat is dissipated. This is also where grow tent fans are pretty important, as they help cool the temperatures down. Last but not the least, grow tent fans also come with carbon filters, which help ensure that the smell of the weed, which tends to be rather strong, is actually controlled, as the carbon filters can trap the odor.
Best Grow Tent Fans in 2020: Best Inline Duct Fans for Growing Marijuana
Having understood what grow tents are and why they are important, as well as the need and importance of grow tent fans inside a grow tent, let us now look at which are some of the best grow tent fans in 2020 that you can buy off the internet today and begin using:
1. AC Infinity CLOUDLINE T6
- Designed to ventilate hydroponic grow rooms, transfer heating/cooling, cool AV closets, and exhaust odors.
- Intelligent controller with temperature and humidity programming, fan speed control, timer, and alarm system.
One of the most popular and most bought fans on Amazon, the AC Infinity cloudline T6 comes out as just the perfect solution to all your needs. It is a 6-inch inline duct fan, which has been designed keeping all your growing needs in mind. The fan comes with a temperature and humidity controller attached to it, where you can adjust the time, temperature and fan speed settings and automate them for an ideal growing setup. Moreover, you can also set alarms on the panel.
This fan circulates fresh air into the grow tent and allows the grow tents to cool down. The fan propels an airflow of 351 Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM), which is pretty good. Another really good thing about this fan is that unlike many fans which look rather old-fashioned in terms of their design aesthetic, this one looks quite sleek and modern. It is also a very durable fan which will last you for long. This is one of the best grow tent fans that you can buy in 2020. For those worried about noise levels, it usually varies around 31 dBA and is quite silent.
- Durable and well-built
- Easy controls
- Not so loud
- Good air flow
- ‘Smart Mode’ has scope for improvement
2. VIVOSUN 6 Inch 390 CFM Inline Duct Fan
- POWERFUL AIR FLOW FAN: Heavy hitting blower with a fan speed of 2550 RPM for an air flow of 390 CFM, Puts out only 37 dB noise level. Moves air through your...
- SUPERIOR CARBON FILTER: 1050+ RC 48 Australian Virgin Charcoal Bed. Dimensions: 4" x 14"
When it comes to growing cannabis, or growing any plant indoors for that matter, VIVOSUN is a name that comes up time and again. Be it grow lights, grow tents or the best grow tent fans in 2020, VIVOSUN has always been around. This is a 6-inch grow tent fan from one of the most trusted companies in the business and gives the users pretty much everything that they want. It comes in a 4-inch and 8-inch variant as well, but 6 inches is just the sweet spot when it comes to a grow tent fan. It comes with a ‘heavy hitting’ blower which allows about 2550 Rotations Per Minute (RPM) giving the fan an air flow of about 390 CFM.
Another really impressive thing about this VIVOSUN inline duct fan is that it comes with a very strong carbon filter with an Australian virgin charcoal bed, which allows not only clearing up for the environment inside the grow tent, but also acts as an effective way of odor control as carbon filters are known for trapping odors. This is something marijuana growers are especially appreciative of because weed has a very strong smell. This fan also comes with a free pre-filter included, which should be replaced every six months to ensure efficient performance. One of the best grow tent fans that you can find, the noise levels on this one are at around 37 dBA.
- Low on noise
- Great carbon filter – traps all the odor
- Good air flow
- Perfect for a 4×4 setup
- Might need a larger variant (8”) for a larger grow tent (5×5 and above)
3. iPower 6 Inch 442 CFM Inline Fan
- 6 Inch 442 CFM Duct Inline Fan Blower: Made with quality components for quiet operation. Composite fan blades and center hub which reduces noise and vibration.
- 6 Inch 1050+ IAV Australia Charcoal Filter: One of the world's most absorbent carbon available; Dimensions: 6" Flange Ducting x 16" Length; Reversible flange.
This is a great fan for those who are looking for a high amount of air circulation. Offering an air flow of about 442 Cubic Feet per Meter, this is one of the highest that you would find in an average 6-inch inline duct fan. It also comes with a carbon filter which features Australian charcoal, one of the best types of carbon filters that can really absorb all the odor that the growing marijuana plants tend to emit. It is also very simple to operate as it comes with one control switch which has the following options: Off, Low, Med, High. Moreover, the switch has been designed in such a way that you cant turn the knob to such variations that you risk burning out the motor.
In addition to all that, what makes this one of the best grow tent fans in 2020 is the fact that it has been designed to last. It is one of the most durable and long-lasting grow tent fans that you can attach in your setup to ensure you are getting a good air flow as well as all the bad smell is being trapped and fresh air is being provided to your plants. The fan is also pretty noise-free.
- Low on noiseVery durable and strong
- Designed with care so that motor can last for long
- Low noise levels
- Very strong air flow
- Tends to vibrate quite a bit
4. Hydrofarm ACDF6 Active Air 6″ Inline, 400 CFM Duct Fan
- Active Air inline duct fans offer innovation & performance at a great price.
- Active Air inline duct fans incorporate Brushless thermally protected AC motors with sealed for life Bearings (will not require any lubrication).
Another great choice for those looking forward to buying the best grow tent fans in 2020. This is one of the best inline duct fans which provides growers with all the features that they are looking forward to. This particular fan here is the 6-inch variant, but Hydrofarm has four other variants: 4”, 8”, 10” and even a 12” variant. However, while 4 inches is too small, and anything above 8 inches is too big, the 6-inch grow tent fan here is just the perfect size for most grow tents.
Priced in at just under $100, this is a good option for those looking forward to buy a cheap solution for their air circulation needs inside a grow tent. The fan is also quite durable as it comes with a ceramic-coated metal housing, along with a high-quality impeller and a motor that is thermally-protected. The bearings on the motor also do not need to be lubricated. The fan has a low-noise output, and also comes with mounting brackets as well as an 8-foot pre-wired cord. The fan speed controller has also been designed in a way that you can switch through the various modes without worrying about burning out the motor. It provides an airflow of 400 CFM.
- Priced at an affordable price point
- High air flow at 400 CFM
- Comes with extra wiring and long cord
- No Vibrations
- Installation might not be so easy for first-time users
5. Vortex 347 CFM S Line S-600 Fan
- The s-line is a revolutionary series of fans that combine energy efficiency, ultra-quiet operations and a collection of advanced technologies that deliver...
- An extremely energy efficient ac brushless motor powers the patented mixed-flow dual impellers.
The Vortex S-600 Inline duct fan is one of the best grow tent fans in 2020 that you can purchase to provide air to your marijuana plants. It is a great choice for those looking forward to grow weed inside a grow tent. This fan comes out with a thermal reset overload protection which ensures that the motor does not stop working or get damaged in case the heat increases. The fan provides an air flow of 347 CFM, and comes along with sealed bearings and a double insulated wall along with a rubber gasket, which ensures that it functions really smoothly.
The Vortex S-600 is also a grow tent fan which comes pre-wired with a long 120V cord. Another great feature of this fan is that it is very simple and easy to install, as opposed to some fans which can be quite intimidating for first-time users. The double insulation on the walls of the fan ensures that the noise levels are absolute minimal.
- Good air flow
- Easy to set up
- Low noise
- Well protected against heat-related damage
- Some users have reported of alignment-related issues
Things to Look For Before You Buy a Grow Tent Fan
Knowing which fans are available to you is one thing, but in order to choose the best grow tent fans in 2020 for your needs, you also need to be aware of the various factors that you need to consider before you buy an inline duct fan for yourself.
- Noise: One of the biggest problems that many people face with these grow tent fans is that they might be noisy and they cause a lot of sound. When you are buying your grow tent fan or an inline duct fan, make sure that the noise level is minimal – ideally under 40 dBA. All the fans that we have listed here fall in the same category. However, this does not account the sound that vibration might cause.
- Grow Tent Size: You also need to consider the size of your grow tent. On an average, if you are using a grow tent which is about 4×4 or 5×5, a 6 inch inline duct fan would be the best grow tent fan for you. However, if you have a larger grow tent, or are using a grow room – you would probably need a larger 10”/12” fan. For those using a smaller grow tent, look for a 4” fan.
- Material of the Fan: The material of the fan also matters a lot. Make sure your fan is not made up of a material which tends to heat up quickly or get damaged because of the heat. Make sure it doesn’t have too many metallic parts placed in a way that it rattles too much. Also you need to ensure that the fan doesn’t break off in case of a fall. This needs to be taken good care of. Always look for a sturdy fan.
- Other Features: Other features such as carbon filters need to be taken care of. You must also take a look at the cord. The cord needs to be long. The bearings need to be one which don’t need to be lubricated frequently. The motor must not be at a risk of burning out, and the controls need to be well accessible.
- Price: Last but never the least, price of the grow tent fan is something that is always quite important. However, sometimes you might want to look at a high priced fan if you are looking for a high quality performance from your fan.
We hope this article helped you understand which are the best grow tent fans in 2020 in a better manner. After you have completed reading this, you will be able to make an informed choice by considering the brands as well as the various factors in mind. Do let us know in the comments if there is something else that you’d like to know! Till then..
Happy Growing! 🙂
Table of Contents