No matter how you are growing your marijuana – you still require a controlled environment if you wish to ensure maximum possible yield out of your plants. Grow tents provide just the perfect option. While the common notion is that grow tents are only used in indoor growth, there are outdoor grow tents as well. Over the course of this article, we shall be exploring some of the best outdoor grow tents that growers can get their hands on!
Moreover, we shall also take a closer look at the two different types of growing methods and why growing outdoors in a grow tent makes sense. Then, we shall look at the 5 best outdoor grow tents that are available for the growers to buy right off the internet. Post that, we shall examine the benefits of growing marijuana in an outdoor grow tent, followed by answering some frequently asked questions about the same.
Growing Indoors vs Growing Outdoors
Growing outdoors is the traditional and old-school way of growing your weed under the natural light of the sun and the breeze that naturally exists in the environment. Growing outdoors also means you don’t really have to take too much care of the plants as they largely grow on their own, as they would in nature. This is an inexpensive process meant for casual growers. However, growing in an outdoor grow tent is something different!
Growing indoors is something which is for serious growers – as it involves ensuring that you are creating the best possible scenario for the growth of your plant. Growing indoors means you are growing using grow tents fitted with grow lights, providing the best nutrients and using equipment like dehumidifiers and air conditioners and carbon filters to give the plants a major boost in their growth process.
Why Grow in an Outdoor Grow Tent?
Growing in an outdoor grow tent is basically like growing in a greenhouse. This is a fair mix between indoor and outdoor growth. Growers can set up all their equipment inside the grow tents but a lot of the features of outdoors settings such as natural lighting and ventilation are retained. This keeps the pests and insects away while giving the plants access to sunlight and breeze – an ideal combination for a healthy growth of the marijuana plant.
5 Best Outdoor Grow Tents of 2020 (Reviews)
- 8 DURABLE SHELVES- The 8 sturdy shelves provide plenty of room for trays, pots, or planters of anything you want to grow. It's a convenient option for any...
- INDOOR OUTDOOR- This versatile greenhouse is ideal for both indoor and outdoor use; keep it on your backyard patio, deck, or in the basement or garage! The...
This outdoor grow tent from Home-Complete is one of the best options that you have if you are looking forward to buying an outdoor grow tent. The first and foremost thing that really stands out about this grow tent is that it is very durable! Especially when you compare with many other grow tents these days, which tend to collapse if put under a lot of weight, this one really passes that test with flying colors!
One of the best outdoor grow tents that you can find on the web, there are eight shelves on this. This tent can be used for outdoor as well as indoor growth and can be assembled practically anywhere with ease. You do not even need tools to assemble this outdoor grow tent! There is a covering around it made out of clear PVC, which ensures that you get a look into how your plants are doing without having to open the whole thing up and entering it. The clear PVC also makes sure that the sunlight reaches the plants and that the warmth is retained. It also ensures that insects and pests stay away from your plants.
The package comes along with ropes, anchors and zip ties. These zip ties are useful because they ensure that the tent does not tip over! The exact dimensions of this grow tent are: (L)56.3”x (W)56.3”x (H)76.7” – which gives you ample space to keep a lot of potted plants or trays inside it! You can use it in all seasons and there’s enough space for you to stand inside it, move around and observe all your plants as well. It is a transparent PVC with some lines of green running across it and the bars inside are also green, overall giving it quite a good look!
- Very easy to assemble
- Large enough for you to walk around
- Very durable
- Some people have claimed that the PVC cover has a strong smell which puts them off
- Enough Space- This mini greenhouse can hold enough plants, gardening tools, etc. Tie the cover to the frame so that the greenhouse will be sturdy and stable. 4...
- Solid Construction- Heavy-duty Cover protects flowers and plants from harsh weather conditions like rain, wind, or snow. 16 mm of Diameter of metal tube, about...
This is one of the best outdoor grow tents for growers who need a lot of space to move around to take care of their plants. Measuring in at 57″L x 57″W x 77″H, this grow tent from BBBuy gives the growers the perfect setup for growing their marijuana plants outdoors. This is a very sturdy structure and has been designed to withstand strong winds – which are usually the biggest problem for growers who grow their marijuana outdoors. There are four plastic stakes as well as ropes which ensure it remains sturdy during storms.
The covering of this outdoor grow tent is made out of PE cloth and non-woven fabric cloth, which is always a better option when you compare it with plastic or PVC materials. This cloth ensures that there’s enough space for light to come in but makes sure that insects and pests stay away. It also ensures that the warmth and moisture remain inside and that the plants can benefit the most out of these factors. The frame of this greenhouse is made out of 16mm metal poles, which hold the structure stable and firm.
The door of this greenhouse is zippered. When you close the zip you make sure that wind does not act a nuisance for your plants. The entire greenhouse weighs 21lbs and can hold quite a lot of weight without a problem. Each shelf can hold upto 33lbs of weight (total= 33×8 = 264lbs). There are eight shelves inside the greenhouse, four on each side. All in all a good choice for buyers looking forward to buying the best outdoor grow tents.
- Covering is made of cloth, not plastic
- Can hold upto 264lbs without a problem
- Can withstand strong winds
- Retains warmth and moisture
- Ample space for growers to move around
- Some users have reported that the zippers are rather flimsy
- 【Idea for Garden & Backyard】This greenhouse is ideal for outdoor use and it extends your growing season in your backyard no matter where you live.
- 【Easy to Set Up and Rust Free Frame】The set up is easy. You can finish in 30 minutes. Green powder coated steel frame withstand all weathers and is rust...
So far in this list, we have seen some really big outdoor grow tents. However, this is the biggest of them so far. This outdoor grow tent offers the growers with a ‘giant’ space to grow their plants, as obvious in the name of the manufacturer, Giantex. Using this grow tent would ensure that your plants grow in a weatherproof environment and are safe from any external interferences. Another really cool feature of this grow tent is that there is a lot of ventilation in it, as it features eight windows and a door.
Another thing that truly makes it one of the best outdoor grow tents is that it is very easy to set up and the manufacturer claims that the whole thing can be set up in under 30 minutes! The main structure is made of steel frames which have been coated with green powder to make sure that they remain rust-free. The exact dimensions of this outdoor grow tent are 10’X6.5’X20′ which gives the growers a lot of space to walk around and to place a lot of plants. A length of 20’ is really a lot, making it an ideal tent to be set up in your backyard.
The door features a zipper that makes sure the entire structure can be zipped shut. Even the windows can be shut giving it a completely closed environment which can retain heat and moisture and ensure that insects, pests and animals stay away from your plants. The covering is made out of non-toxic 140g PE fabric which is a good option compared to plastic/PVC substances. All of this put together makes this outdoor grow tent from giantex a great choice for growers looking forward to buying an outdoor grow tent.
- Big enough for a lot of plants to be placed
- Non-toxic fabric covering
- Lot of ventilation
- Enough space for growers to move around
- No shelves on this one
- ITEM EXACTLY MATCH THE DESCRIPTION----From the real customer feedback & review, no need to worry the item you received is not the one you had ordered....
- GOOD SIZED PORTABLE MINI GREENHOUSE---- 71"WX 36"D X 36"H, Big enough to work for good sized plant pot & seed bed. Can be used both indoors & outdoors.
This outdoor grow tent from Quictent is a really cool option for growers who are looking forward to growing their plants with a blend of style! One of the best looking tents that you can find on the web, this is a great choice for buyers who don’t have a lot of plants but are planning to grow them outdoors. While all the grow tents you have seen so far are ones which you can practically enter and walk inside, this one isn’t that tall, but is just the perfect size for your plants to grow in.
The exact measurement of this grow tent is 71″ X 36″ X 36″ which is big enough to place quite a few plants but not big enough for a person to walk in. However, there are observation windows built on top which you can open up to maintain your plants. The grow tent is made up of heavy-duty steel bars which come with a powdered framework to ensure that they remain rust-free. The grow tent is ISO 9001:2000 certified!
The covering of this grow tent is made out of a transparent reinforced PVC which is waterproof and also offers UV protection. The covering is a little elongated because it ensures that a portion of it can be buried under the soil or wrapped around from over the poles so that it remains firmly on the ground, giving the grow tent almost an airtight security. The zips on this grow tent are pretty strong and of good quality.
- Good for small scale growers
- Extremely good looking design
- Sturdy metal frame
- Enough ventilation
- Some people don’t prefer using plastic/PVC coverings
- 1 pop-up design, this winter greenhouse cover can be fixed with the ground nail after deployment, easy to operate.
- 2Transparent Window: you can clearly see the growth status of the plant without opening the window of the mini greenhouse, you can also open the window to...
Everything that we have seen so far was for a large to medium setup. However, how about growers with an extremely small setup? For instance, how about those growers who are growing just a couple of plants? These growers need a much smaller outdoor grow tent and this pop-up greenhouse from Porayhut is just the perfect option for them. This is one of the best outdoor grow tents for growers with minimal needs.
Priced in at under $20, this grow tent measures just 27″ * 27″ * 31″, and can be folded and kept away when not needed. This grow tent uses a UV50+ PVC cover along with steel hoops to cover the plant. The cover is UV protected as well as waterproof and has elongated edges which can be pinned to the ground so that it remains stable. On the inside, it can trap a lot of heat and moisture, making it quite useful during winter months.
- Best for single-plant growers
- Inexpensive, costs less than $20
- Well ventilated
- Lightweight and can be kept away when not needed
- Users have reported zipper-issues
Recommended: Best Cheap Grow Tents for Cannabis Growers
Benefits of Growing Marijuana Inside an Outdoor Grow Tent
- Access to natural sunlight is one major benefit of growing your plants in an outdoor grow tent. The best outdoor grow tents feature transparent surfaces that cover the body which allow the sunlight to enter while also storing warmth and humidity which is great for the growth of the plants. You also get access to natural lighting and don’t need to set up grow tents.
- Breeze is good for the growth of the plants and most of these outdoor grow tents have enough space and ventilation which allow for a smooth airflow. A decent breeze around the plants ensures that the stem as well as the branches of the plant grow stronger and that insects are kept away.
- A fair mix between indoors and outdoors growth as you can get all the natural elements plus also keep in certain electronic elements which give you a greater control over the growth of your plants! It is basically the best of both worlds.
- Saves money on electricity as you do not need to set up a grow light or other equipment which you would normally need to do to replicate the outdoor environment indoors.
- Keeps pests away as it is covered by a layer all around it
Recommended: Best Big Grow Tents For Growing Marijuana Indoors
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Outdoor Grow Tents
1. What is the Difference Between Indoor Grow Tent vs Outdoor Grow Tent?
Indoor grow tents are aimed at maximizing light and hence have a reflective layer on the inside which ensure that all the light from the grow light bounces right back onto the plants. As compared to that, outdoor grow tents are aimed at ensuring that the sunlight reaches the plants and that the warmth and the humidity are trapped inside for better growth. They are usually made of a translucent fabric or a transparent PVC. The inner lining on the indoor grow tents features layers of reflective mylar (usually between 95-100% reflective)
2. Which is the best outdoor grow tent for me?
Now, this depends upon a lot of factors – but the best grow tents are ultimately to be chosen by you and we hope that this guide on the best outdoor grow tents helps you make the right decision.
3. How to choose the best outdoor grow tents?
There are a number of things that you need to consider before you buy the best outdoor grow tent for your needs. These factors include the size of your plants, the size of your garden, what kind of a plant you are growing, what kind of sturdiness the tent has to offer, what kind of a fabric/material the grow tent is made out of, how much space does it have for ventilation etc. Keeping these and some other factors in mind, you can choose the best of the best tents for your needs!
Recommended: Best Grow Tent Ventilation Kits
We hope that this article about the best outdoor grow tents helped you make a better and well-informed choice about outdoor grow tents and greenhouses that you might want to buy for growing your marijuana. If there is something that you think we might have missed out on, or if there are some other details that you want to know, kindly let us know over mail or in the comments below and we shall update the article with the requested information!
Happy Growing! 🙂
Table of Contents