Growers who decide to grow their marijuana indoors often tend to do it because it gives them a much greater control over the plants that they are growing as opposed to how it would be if they were to grow their weed outdoors. When we say ‘control’, we mean to say that growers can provide the right kind of essential elements which help them ensure that the end product’s taste, chemical composition, and even the yield is higher. Grow tents provide the growers with the perfect platform where they can experiment with their plants while also ensuring a better lighting condition. Here, we shall be taking a detailed look at the best multi-chamber grow tents for growing marijuana in 2020.
Over the course of this article, we shall be taking a detailed look at what a grow tent is, why it is important, as well as at multi-chamber grow tents and understand their structure and how it benefits the plants. We shall then look at some of the best grow tents of 2020 which you can buy off the internet right now and start with your growing process. We also have a buyer’s guide for growers who want to buy grow tents but don’t really know what to look for. Followed by that, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about growing marijuana in a multi chamber grow tent. However, let us begin by going through the basic stuff:
What is a Grow Tent?
A grow tent is a dedicated space where the plants can grow under ideal conditions for growth. This means that they get just the right amount of light, the right kind of air and a space to grow uninterrupted and undisturbed by any other factors. These are basically tents inside which growers can hang their grow lights, set up ventilation systems with the help of carbon filters and inline fans, etc.
One of the biggest benefits of having a grow tent is that it allows the growers to use their grow light in the best possible manner and use it to its maximum efficiency. This is because grow tents have a reflective layer on the inside which bounces back all the light that comes out of the grow light on to the plants! In addition to that, grow tents also act as a space where there is no threat of pests and insects that might damage the growing plants.
Moreover, while marijuana is getting legal in many places across the world, including many US states, there’s still quite a social stigma attached to it! People tend to look down upon on those who grow marijuana and judge them for growing weed. Hence, there needs to be a space where growers can grow their plants without them being out in the public view. This is another reason as to why grow tents are critical for growers who grow marijuana indoors.
Let us now talk specifically about multi-chamber grow tents. Now that you understand the importance of these tents, here’s a look at the 3 best grow tents for growing marijuana indoors that you can buy off the internet right now!
Best Multi Chamber Grow Tents for Growing Marijuana (2020)
1. VIVOSUN 96″x48″x80″ Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- LIGHT-PROOF: Our VIVOSUN grow tent blocks all light from escaping. On the interior, a 98% reflective mylar lining with 340g non-toxic PE material makes your...
- EXTRA-THICK CANVAS: One touch will convince you of our canvas's top quality: the 600D polyester material is tear-proof and double-stitched for the total light...
There’s perhaps no brand as big as Vivosun when it comes to the world of growing marijuana indoors. The company has been coming out with a number of solutions for growers including but not limited to grow tents, grow lights, and fans. Vivosun’s grow tents include regular single-chamber tents as well as some of the best multi chamber grow tents for growing marijuana. This particular one is an exceptional product, great for those who are looking forward to growing large quantities of weed – as it offers a grow area of 8ft x 4ft x 6.6ft.
This is quite a large grow tent which features two chambers – and growers can decide to put a separating layer in between but they also have the option of using it as one giant grow tent if they do not wish to use it as a multi-chamber tent. There are two zippers, both really high quality, which ensure that there are no light leaks and that they do not break off while opening the grow tents. There are 6 hanging bars which can hold a weight of up to 220 lbs, which is great because in such a large setup, growers would ideally be setting up multiple grow lights and the tent must not collapse under the weight of these lights, as well as other equipment such as carbon filters and clip-on fans which might be attached to the frame. Furthermore, the metal frame consists of zinc plantings which make sure it does not rust.
Vivosun always makes use of high-quality items, such as a 600D oxford cloth which is used to cover this tent. This is a tear-proof and a double-stitched cloth, which makes sure that the tent lasts you longer as well as is thick enough so that light does not leak out of it. On the inside, the tent is lined with a 98% reflective mylar lining along with a 340g non-toxic PE material, this makes sure that while your plants are getting the best possible light for a better growth, they are also getting a safe and non-toxic environment to grow in. All in all, Vivosun’s brand value, added to all these amazing features truly makes it a great choice for those looking forward to buying the best multi chamber grow tents for growing marijuana.
- Very easy to set up
- Non-toxic and highly reflective
- Durable, can support upto 220lbs of weight
- Can be used as a single chamber as well as a multi-chamber grow tent
- Some users have had issues relating to warranty
2. TopoGrow 2-in-1 Indoor Grow Tent 48″x36″x72″ 600D
- STRUCTURE: 36"X36"X72" room for bloom and flower, and 2-Tier 12"x24"x72" nursery area for propagation & seedlings.
- QUALITY: interior diamond Mylar enhance the 100% reflective effect, and outside durable 600D Oxford cloth. All metal structure and multiple vents for...
TopoGrow is a rising name when it comes to making grow tents for growers. The company has manufactured a number of products over the years and this is the latest grow tent from them, which is a multi chamber offering, great for growers who are growing multiple plants at different stages of their growth cycle. When you take a detailed look at the measurement of this grow tent, it stands in at 4ft x 3ft and has a height of 6ft. The length and the breadth are good enough for regular plants to grow while the height is perfect to allow marijuana plants to attain a decent length. This was the main chamber. The side chamber, which is the nursery section comes with a 1ft x 2ft setup, standing in at a height of 6ft, divided into 2 chambers of 3ft each.
The main chamber is where you can grow your plants for their regular period of growth while the side chamber is the nursery where you can grow your seedlings and early-stage plants. The biggest benefit you get here is that plants in different stages of their life cycle can be managed together. The grow tent is made of good quality cloth, the Oxford 600D which ensures that light does not leak out and is also a thick cloth which does not tear up so easily. In addition to that, the poles around which this tent is to be set up are also pretty durable, giving the tent a good score when it comes to the design and durability.
In terms of reflectiveness, too, this tent is a good buy! The tent is made up of a 100% reflective mylar layer on the inside, which makes sure that all the light is bounced back on to the plants, helping them grow to their maximum possible potential. The tent is quite easy to set up and the company has also prepared a YouTube guide featuring all the steps involved in setting it up. Truly one of the best multi chamber grow tents for those looking forward to buying one!
- Highly reflective, great for the plants growth
- Easy to set up
- The side chambers are big enough for seedlings/germinating plants
- Durable material used on the tent’s cloth
- Some users complain of pinhole light leaks
3. GROWNEER [Upgraded] 60″x48″x80″ Lodge Propagation Tent 2-in-1 Mylar Grow Tent
- WHAT YOU GET -- 1 pc 60"x48"x80" grow tent, 1 pc velcro baffle, 3 pcs removable floor tray, 2 pcs carbon filter belts, 1 pc instructional manual and our...
- 2-IN-1 LODGE PROPAGATION DESIGN -- Offer much more growing space. You can grow seedlings at the 2-tier small compartment, and transfer them to the larger...
Growneer is a popular name in the markets, though it might not be as familiar as Vivosun or even Topogrow, the company sure does make some really good quality grow tents. This is one of the best multi chamber grow tents in the markets and perhaps the only one from the company. It comes in three size variants and the one we are discussing here is the largest – 5ft x 4ft x 6.6ft. The height of the tent is just perfect to allow the marijuana plants in the mature section to reach their maximum heights, while also giving enough space for the nursery section.
There are two sections in this grow tent – the primary section where mature plants are kept while there’s also a nursery area where germinating plants and seedlings can be kept. There are easy-view observational windows on both the nurseries as well as the grow tent which means you do not have to unzip the whole thing to take a look at the progress of your plants. The grow tent’s insides are made of a 95% reflective mylar lining, which ensures that all the light is reflected back on to the plant.
Talking about the actual material of the canvas itself, the grow tent is made of Oxford 600D (similar to the above two) which helps ensure that the light doesn’t leak out. The cloth is extra strong when compared to what many other grow tents have to offer. Talking about the nursery section once again, these have just the right kind of space to attach lights, fans and for the young plant to grow properly. The details that have been kept in mind while designing this grow tent are also quite impressive. There are good quality zippers which ensure that light does not leak out of there, as well as dual-clinching duct holes, which also make sure that no light escapes from there. This is indeed one of the best multi chamber grow tents and even setting it up is easy as all the parts just slide into each other and are held by a push mechanism.
- Large size, ample room for plants as well as for seedlings/germinating seeds
- Comes with two carbon filter belts
- Observation window makes it easy to look at the plant’s progress
- Reflective layer and good quality canvas
- Some users have had problems of light leak
Buyer’s Guide: What to Consider While Buying a Multi-Chamber Grow Tent
Now that you know what some of the best options are when it comes to buying a multi chamber grow tent, we shall now take a closer look at some of the things that one needs to consider while buying a multi-chamber grow tent:
- Size of the Grow Tent: The size of the grow tent matters a lot because growers need to be aware of exactly how many plants can the grow tent of their choosing fit in. The size of the grow tent also determines what kind of grow lights they should be buying and whether they can fit it in their grow room. Hence, this is an important factor.
- Size of Chambers: In addition to the size of the main chambers of the grow tent, one also needs to be aware about how big the nursery chambers are – because when you are buying a multi chamber grow tent, you also need to be well aware about how big the side chambers are. These are the chambers where you would keep your seeds for germination and your seedlings for propagating further.
- Observational Window: The presence of an observational window is of great help for growers, as it makes it possible to take a quick look at how the plants are growing inside without actually having to open the zipper. An observation window gives you a good insight into the growth of the plant while it also ensures the light does not leak out as it would happen if you were to open the zipper.
- Zipper Strength: Some might find it absurd that this gets a mention, but the zipper strength is very important for growers because this is the most common form of damage that happens to a grow tent. Make sure that the grow tent that you are buying has a good zipper. This is particularly important for multi chamber grow tents as they tend to have more number of zippers compared to a traditional grow tent with a single chamber.
- Cloth Quality: The canvas of your tent needs to be thick, tear-proof and if possible, double-stitched, which ensures that the light does not leak out. Most good quality multi chamber grow tents today are made out of the 600D Oxford cloth, which has pretty much become the standard material used in grow tents.
- Reflective Layer: The inside lining of grow tents also matters a lot because it is based on this layer that the grow light’s potential will be maximized. The more reflective the layer is, the more light reaches the plants and the better their growth is. This is indeed something that growers need to consider before they make their purchase. Most grow tents today feature between 95 to 100% reflective mylar layers.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) About Multi Chamber Grow Tents
Here are some of the most commonly asked questions about growing marijuana inside a multi-chamber grow tent.
1. Can you grow plants without a grow tent?
The one-word answer is yes. It is indeed possible to grow plants without grow tents. You can simply plant them in your backyard (or in any open place with access to sunlight). Some growers also tend to grow their marijuana in greenhouses. However, when you are growing indoors, it is strongly recommended to use a grow tent, especially for a small-scale setup. Those growing large-scale might want to convert their entire room into a grow room, but for small to medium scale growers (which most growers really are) grow tents are the best option! However, it is quite possible to grow plants without a grow tent.
2. Why are grow tents important?
Grow tents are important because they ensure that the light from the grow lights is focused upon the plant. Grow tents are lined with a reflective layer on the inside which ensures that there is nowhere else for the light to go than to be absorbed by the plant! This leads to better production of the chemicals and compounds that a plant needs to grow well. Grow tents are also important because they keep insects and pests away which might otherwise damage the plants.
3. What all goes inside a grow tent?
Inside a grow tent, there are grow lights, inline fans, carbon filters, and the actual plant in itself. Some growers also tend to use grow tent accessories such as rotating clip-on fans, insect traps etc, but basically the source of light and ventilation are the two most critical things needed.
To conclude, we hope that this article helped you get a better idea on grow tents, and multi chamber grow tents in particular. We have compiled a list of the top three best multi chamber grow tents so that growers can easily buy them off the web. We have also provided a detailed product review of these grow tents so that the growers know exactly what they are buying! If there’s something that you think we have missed or if there’s something more that you’d like to know, do let us know in the comments below or send an email.
Happy Growing! 🙂
Table of Contents