Growing your weed is a challenging task. Not only do you have to provide it the perfect amount of light, heat, water and air – but you also have to be quite sneaky about it as growing weed is still considered a major social taboo despite marijuana having been legalized across several parts of the US and in various countries. Hence, grow tents come to the rescue. They provide just the perfect space for the plants to grow and are quite discreet as well. Over the course of this article, we take a closer look at some of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020.
Here, we will first take a closer look at why there is a need for cheap grow tents. We then take a closer look at some of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020 that they can buy off the internet right now, followed by a look at some factors that growers need to consider before they buy grow tents.
The Need for Cheap Grow Tents?
This is specifically for two types of people: For those who are growing at a tight budget and are growing only a limited number of plants, or for those who are taking baby steps into the journey of becoming a grower and are beginners, still learning the ropes. Making a huge investment is perhaps not the right idea for you if you are in such an early stage hence cheap grow tents are a good option to get started and learn, and then progress to bigger and better grow tents.
Best Cheap Grow Tents for Cannabis Growers in 2020 – Reviews
1. Quictent Eco-Friendly Reflective Mylar Grow Tent (24″x24″x36″)
- WARRANTY TERMS： 2-Year Free Warranty for whole product. Lifetime Free Replacement for Connectors. Lifetime 50% OFF Parts Supply out of 2 year warranty.
- KEEPS ALL LIGHT IN: 100% reflective PET Silver Mylar(Inside) + Extra-thick 600D Oxford Cloth(Exterior), creating a sufficient light and thermal environment for...
Those looking forward to start their marijuana growing journey would perhaps need to look no further! One of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020, it comes with a size of length and breadth of 2ft and a height of 3ft. While traditionally, many might consider it a little too small – but this is just the perfect size for those who are starting out. If you prefer to buy a tent with a larger height, there’s also the option of getting a grow tent with 55” of height (4.5ft). This is a great grow tent for plants which are still seedlings, or are in their early growth stage, or are clones.
Straight up, one of the biggest highlights of this grow tent is that it comes with a 2-year warranty period, which is quite rare for a grow tent. If the connectors go bad, you have a lifetime free replacement service for them. The insides of this tent are lined with PET Silver Mylar layer, which is highly reflective and ensures that all the light that comes from your grow light is reflected on to the plant. The exterior of this grow tent is made up of the 600D oxford cloth, which is the common standard when it comes to grow tents. It is a thick cloth that ensures light does not leak out.
This is also an ‘eco friendly’ tent as it comes with an approval from SGS testing, meaning it is completely non-toxic and very safe to use. The metal frame that it comes with is also pretty thick and solid and can stand the test of time. The frame can hold weight up to 120lbs. One of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020, the Quictent tent also features a large observation window, which allows you to look at your plants without actually having to open up the whole tent.
- Pretty sturdy frame and can hold a lot of weight
- 2 years of warranty
- Eco-friendly certification
- A little too small for plants in flowering stage
2. Apollo Horticulture 48”x24”x60” Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- Package Includes: 1 -48"x 24"x 60" Apollo Horticulture Grow Tent / 1 - Removable Mylar Floor Tray, 2 Filter Straps Included, 1 - Instructional Pamphlet / Size -...
- HIGH QUALITY: 48"x 24"x 60" hydroponics indoor growing tent with heavy-duty zippers and double stitching for light protection ensure durability and long-lasting...
Apollo Horticulture is a major and trusted name when it comes to products for growers. This grow tent from Apollo Horticulture measures 4ft x 2ft in length and breadth respectively, and has a height of 5ft, which is perfect for those who want to hang and adjust grow lights properly. This is a great grow tent for those who want to grow a limited number of plants and is indeed one of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020.
This is a high-quality grow tent which features a thick outer layer made of double-stitched cloth that ensures light does not leak out of the tent. The zippers are also heavy-duty which ensures that they do not break off frequently. The poles that hold the tent together are made of metal and not plastic, allowing them to hold a significant amount of weight – almost up to 110lbs, which means you can hang your grow lights and filters etc. with ease. The grow tent comes with a removable floor tray, which means the tent is quite easy to clean in case of spillage or stuff falling on to it as the floor can be taken out, washed and cleaned, and kept back in again.
The inner surface of this grow tent is lined with a highly reflective mylar material, which ensures that the light that the grow light emits does not go to waste and is bounced back on to the plant. It comes with a pamphlet and is pretty easy to set up, even for first-time growers. There are three rectangular vents on the bottom side and four circular vents of varying sizes on the top portion. It comes with a 90-day warranty and good customer care support later on.
- Full-metal frame can hold a lot of weight
- Large size
- Well ventilated
- Some customers have reported that Amazon took quite some time to ship the item
3. Anjeet 48″x24″x72″ Reflective Mylar Hydroponic Grow Tent
- 48"x24"x72" indoor grow tent w/ discreet package
- Durable: Heavy duty 600D lightproof oxford cloth and diameter 16MM white paint coated metal rods
One of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020, this tent from Anjeet comes with the dimensions measuring 48” x 24” x 72”, which provides a sufficient growing space for small plants. This is just the perfect size for growers who are just starting out and are looking forward to experiment with a small and cheap grow tent for cannabis. Sometimes, when Amazon is delivering your order, the packaging tends to be a giveaway that you might have ordered something marijuana related. However, this grow tent comes in a discreet packaging.
It is also made up of durable cloth, which is the 600D oxford cloth which is pretty strong and thick, which makes sure that the light does not leak out of the grow tent. The metal rods on the inside are painted with white paint to ensure that the light is not absorbed but is bounced back on to the plants. A layer of 96% reflective mylar makes up the inside of the grow tent which ensures all the light is focused on to the plants, thereby maximizing the potential of your grow light. Setting up this grow tent is also quite easy and can be done without any tools or prior experience.
There are four vents in this grow tent, two circular vents on the top, which allow you to connect inline duct fans for air circulation and for ensuring the temperature does not get too hot, while there are also two rectangular vents on the bottom which are covered by mesh. It also features a heavy-duty industrial-grade zipper.
- Very easy to set up
- Multiple openings for vents
- Light does not leak out
- Strong zipper
- The corners that hold the metal rods together are made of plastic
4. TopoLite 48″x24″x60″ 600D Grow Tent
- Reflective: 96% highly reflective waterproof diamond mylar (enhance the reflective effect)
- Vents: Rectangle vents with mesh for better ventilation and multiple vents for fan and filter output
One of the most popular names when you search for grow tents on amazon, this is also one of the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020. This grow tent has been designed with care so that it ensures that your plants get the maximum possible benefits! Lined with a 96% reflective diamond mylar layer, the focus here is on the fact that all the light that comes out from the grow light is indeed focused on to the plant and a proper growing condition is fostered. There are two rectangular vents with mesh towards the bottom and two circular vents on the top.
In addition to being one of the best cheap grow tents, this has also been designed keeping all the needs of the growers in mind. This grow tent features rods which are painted white in colour, which ensure that the light is reflected off of them too! The grow tent uses heavy duty zippers so that no light leaks out and the zippers don’t even break while you are using them. Furthermore, the cloth that is used is the 600D fabric, which is a pretty thick material which makes sure that the light remains trapped inside and does not leak through.
The topolite grow tent is also quite easy to set up, even for the first time growers and has adequate space in it (4 ft x 2 ft x 5 ft) for a small growing setup. The 5 ft height allows the growers to easily hang and adjust the grow light in just the right manner for their plants.
- Thick cloth, light does not leak out
- Strong zipper, does not break
- Good and reflective mylar lining
- 4 vents provide enough ventilation
- Lacks a viewing window
Factors to Consider Before Buying Cheap Grow Tents for Cannabis
- Thickness: One needs to consider if the grow tent that they are buying has a thick exterior. This will ensure that the grow light that you are going to hang inside is going to be properly effective without light leaking out. Often we see light leaking out through the sides or through the zippers so just check once before you buy.
- Reflectiveness: The outer surface needs to be thick but the inner surface needs to be reflective. It is usually made of mylar lining, which ensures that all the light that the grow light emits is bounced back and remains inside the tent and is not absorbed by the walls of the tent. By bouncing back the light, these grow tents ensure that all the light goes to the plants.
- Weight Bearing Capacity: The rods inside need to be made of metal and not plastic. This gives the grow tent a capacity to bear a good amount of weight which is important when you will be hanging grow lights, grow tent fans, carbon filters etc on to the tent. Make sure your cheap grow tents can also carry about 100lbs of weight (larger ones should have more capacity)
- Ventilation: Grow tents should have a proper ventilation system as well. There need to be vents with mesh and there need to be vents which allow you to insert grow tent fans (inline duct fans) via them, which will basically ensure that the stale air can go out and the fresh air can come in. These ventilation ducts are also great for regulating excess humidity.
We hope that by the end of this article you know what the need for a cheap grow tent is and which are the options you have when you are looking forward to buying the best cheap grow tents for cannabis growers in 2020. Cheap grow tents are often looked down upon by older and experienced growers but for those who are starting off with their growing journey, these are very important and mean a lot! Over the course of this article, we hope that you have understood which are the best options for you in the market and what you need to look for before you make the final purchase!
Happy Growing 🙂